Yesterday, I was made aware that the Northshield Episode of the Knowne World Bardcast went live (it is also available via iTunes). These are my local bards and friends and kin, and this is exciting for me to share some of them with you. If you are not familiar with the KW Bardcast, you should go and check out this episode and the previous episodes. You can also find the Knowne World Bardcast Page and Group on Facebook.
The talented bards you can hear on this episode:
- Sayyida Arwa al-Jinniyya, of Digital Pixie, with “These Hands (Ducere)”
- Lady Sarah Loring, with “Northshield Lullaby”
- Master Ingus Moen, with “Fly with the Griffin”
- Lady Merit de La Rose, with “Widow’s Lament”
- Vicountess Wander Riordan of Atenveldt, with “Star of the North”
- Lord Marcial de Salas, with “Catherine’s Song” (Or “Katherine’s Song”?)
- The Honorable Lady Eyja Bassadóttir, of Heya I’m Eyja, with “Talvíss Sǫngʀ” (literally ‘number-wise song‘), a translation of Mistress Skjaldvør’s (known as Wyndreth, also known as Savage Daughter) “Norse Counting Song” into Old Norse
- the Facebook page linked under Wyndreth has a notes section with lyrics, poems, and class notes
- Mistress Skjaldvør Kormáksdóttir, known as Wyndreth, with “Reiði Fenrir“
- Various performers singing “Shield My Kinsmen” by Mistress Skjaldvør
You can find more works by Northshield (and other kingdoms’) bards at ShavaSue’s YouTube channel.
Edit: You can also find some additional Northshield bards and songs on the first episode of the KW Bardcast’s Kingdom Anthems.